Although most on-page SEO guides do not deal with keyword research, it is an essential step when creating new content. So it deserves some space here.
Why is keyword research important? It helps you to:
- find new topic ideas
- find phrases that are popular, relevant and easy to rank
- understand what people are interested in
The last point is especially important when it comes to on-page optimization.
Keyword research will tell you what people are searching for (and how many of them). It also helps you to see what exact questions they have and what phrases they use to find the answers.
Based on these insights, you can start creating content that will be perfectly tailored for your visitors, and both Google and your visitors will love it.
As Google has evolved over the years, so did keyword research. Today, the focus lies on these things:
- Quality content – keyword research (and SEO in general) won’t help you if your content sucks, great content should be your #1 priority
- Topical keyword research – keyword research is no longer only about finding one focus keyword, it is also about understanding the whole topic and its related terms and subtopics
- Search intent – search volume and keyword difficulty are not the only things to focus on when looking for the keywords, be careful about the intent behind the query too
read more: https://mangools.com/blog/on-page-seo/